Where did the summer go? I can't believe it is August.
Sophia went to Boston to present a poster session at MathFest. There were several groups of students and professors that went. The conference was fun. They ate at different restaurants every night, stretching the box a little with Indian and Ethiopian cuisines. They were pretty busy and they didn't get to explore a lot of Boston but they had a blast. And Sophia and her peers poster won an Outstanding Poster Award. There were only 25 winners out of the 110 that were there. So proud of her.
We got to see Heather and Katlyn before both Sophia and Katlyn went back to school. I can't believe we didn't get any pictures. It is amazing how much both have grown. Our babies are now women!
Sophia watched a YouTube video about a revolving sushi place in Japan and wanted to try one. She found a place about 30 minutes away and we went to celebrate "Family Day", the day we met Sophia in China. The food was great and the whole concept fun. Sophia tried different things and now knows what to order and what to avoid if she goes to a traditional sushi restaurant.
We moved Sophia into college on August 19th. She is living with five other girls in a campus apartment. Together I think they have all the possible kitchen gadgets. Sophia will need to cook more this semester as she is on the five meal per week cafeteria plan.
Sophia is already involved in sorority activities. She helped freshmen move in and also was at the enrichment fair.
Steve and I went to spend some time with Nick and Mari. We celebrated Nick's birthday, albeit a couple weeks late.
And of course, I have to end with the pets.



No comments:
Post a Comment