Thursday, October 28, 2010

Visit to Connecticut

I try to get up to Connecticut every three months or so to visit Mom. I know how much this means to her. I want Sophia to know her and understand the influence she has had on my life. Sophia loves these visits to Grandma's. After all, Grandma always has presents for her, we go out to eat and get to visit family.
This time we didn't spend too much time with her cousins Hollie and Stephanie since they were in Florida for the week. We did help Grandma take care of their dog, Jessie. We got to spend a morning with Auntie Linda, Chuck and Stephanie and Hollie before we headed home.

We had a rainy couple of days there. We went to Chuck E Cheeses one day to stay dry.

We also visited my cousins, Tommy and Lisa. I haven't seen them in years. It was nice to see them again. Tommy has been diagnosed with ALS. It is sad to see how quickly this has affected his body. He has an eight year old daughter and Lisa has a twelve year old son so Sophia had fun playing while we caught up.
Sophia and I met Damien and Melissa at the green for the Annual Apple Festival. Sophia had a blast. She rode all the rides and even was a magician's assistant. She is getting so big.

No comments: