Saturday, May 03, 2014

April- full of excitemen

April was a very exciting month for all of us.  Is was a busier month than most.  Sophia and I started the month by going to Connecticut to visit Grandma Barbara.  We spend two days with Linda and the girls.  Linda had her annual Easter Egg Hunt while we were there so Sophia could take part.  It was a blast.  The kids hunted for eggs in the dark with flashlights.




Linda got me a cake to celebrate my birthday- a little early.
















Sophia was in the schooling series show.  She placed second place in one class, third in another and got disqualified in the poles class because her horse refused to to the "jump" and she did not know to go back around and do the pole again until she got it.  She also got third place in beginning equation which is a huge accomplishment seeing this is a class where she competes with kids of all ages.  There are even young adults who compete in this class.

After the show Steve brought her to me during the Etna workshop and she stayed with me Saturday night and Sunday while Steve went to hike Hadrian's Wall in England.  This was a 50th birthday wish that his mother helped make possible.  He hiked the wall with his good friend, Troy.  He will add more pictures to his blog detailing the trip  http://acrossthefrontier.blogspot.com




















Sophia and I had fun dying Easter eggs.  We spent Easter with Grandma Bev and Grandma Beadle.  It was a nice day.

While Steve was away Sophia and I had a mother daughter date.  We went to the Melting Pot for the cheese fondue and dessert fondue.  We had to wait a while for the table but it was worth the wait.


Sophia is part of an enrichment class at school called Friends of the Earth.  She worked on an up cycling project for the schools Enrichment Fair.  It is a pencil holder made out of all recycled items.


Sophia and Noelle sleep together almost every night.  I often find Sophia with the arms around Noelle.  It is very sweet.

 We finished out the month going to Fort Frederick for Market Faire.  It was a lot of fun.  It rained on Friday but we managed to stay dry.  It rained again as we were leaving on Saturday and the field were I was parked was so muddy Sophia and I got stuck.  A pick up truck pulling me out got stuck too.  They had to get the tractor to pull the ranger's pick up truck and my car out.  It was a mess.  It stopped raining which meant we stayed to see the fireworks once my SUV was parked on higher, drier ground.




No comments: