Monday, January 30, 2017

January 2017

It is hard to believe that January is almost over. It has been a quiet month at home.  We had fun with some Girl Scout activities. Our troop went to Climb Zone. It was a lot of fun. Sophia shared that "she almost died there" when her belay didn't catch her right away and she dropped a few inches as a free fall!  I am sure it felt much worse than it actually was.


Sophia also participated in a Rope Runners event. This is kind of like the Pine Wood Derby. She built her rope runner with Steve. It was a black horse which she called Black Beauty. She won first place in the fastest Rope Runner out of all the Junior and Cadette girls. It was a lot of fun.



I went to an orientation for middle school. Yep, middle school.  Our baby is going into middle school next year. Where does the time go? She is really looking forward to it.

We were scheduled to go to a horse show but it was cancelled because they were predicting an ice storm. We never got the storm but better safe than sorry.  We are hoping to go in February instead.

I organized my craft room and even got some scrapbooking done. I am almost done with 2014. Some day I will be all caught up.



Our pets are all doing okay. Kaegogi has had her ups and downs since Christmas but is currently doing well. Her liver values are a bit elevated and we are hoping some liver support meds help her. Mr. Twinkletoes loves Kae.  I am shocked to see Otto and Boba becoming friends. I watched as Otto rubbed up against Boba, even going underneath him. Boba just stood there not sure what to make of it. I never thought I would see Otto and Boba that close.





Our family life was pretty quite. I wish I could say the same about our country. It feels like a bad dream with Trump as the president. I keep thinking that I will wake up and realize it was all just a nightmare. I am scared for our future. This man is xenophobic, misogynistic, homophobic
and totally unqualified to be the president.

No comments: