Thursday, August 10, 2017

July 2017

I have forced Sophia to take our annual July 1st photo. You can tell she was less than pleased about this. We take a photo against the same fence background every year on the day we got her referral. The picture she is holding is my favorite referral photo of her. I can't believe it has been 11 years since we first saw her face. I know that adoption has changed our lives in so many ways. We have been blessed. It also come with the realization of how much Sophia has lost, her birth parents, birth family, birth country, etc. I wish there was a way for her to get to know her birth family. I know they would be proud of the young lady she is becoming.


As I mentioned in the June post Steve's mother passed away on July 2 in Steve's arms with Leslie, me and Sophia by her side. It does not feel real. She passed too quickly. Thankfully both Aiden and Nick were able to spend time with her since her diagnosis on July 19.  Emma also visited often. She knew she was loved. We miss her so much.






Sophia had another away show with Navajo. She did not do well in the first division again. I think she let this fluster her and she went off course in her first jump class. BUT I am so proud of her because she realized it was a whole new game in her second division and got 3rd place for walk/trot/canter, 2nd place for command class and 5th for jumping. She also got 6th place for the trail class.  Navajo is really doing well in the command class. They are truly working as a team.




Sophia and I went up to Connecticut to visit Linda and the girls. We had a blast. We had dinner at a place called Sugar where they sell these huge sugary drinks (costing $25 each!)   It was fun to watch it come out and fizz but honestly it tasted gross.  We were lucky to visit the week of the OLOV carnival. This was our church carnival and we went faithfully every year. I have so many wonderful memories of the carnival and was glad to make it back. Sophia and I had been a couple times before when we visited my mother. We were supposed to go on our last visit but it got rained out. I wasn't sure if I would ever make it back. We did.  I had a fried dough pizza... the best. Sophia even enjoyed it. I got to see some old friends too. We also hung out a a pool where Chuck keeps his boat, went mini-golfing and bowling.




We had brunch with my sister's friend, Melissa and my mother's friends Pat and Bev.  It was so nice to see everyone. I wish I lived closer. We spent a couple of hours visiting my 94 year old Aunt Philly. She is going amazing. I love hearing her tell stories. She is an amazing woman.



Our furry family is all doing well. Otto is a big help when we do things on the table. He helps Steve paint and helped me with this puzzle.
Twinkletoes has decided he likes Kaegogi's bed better than his. Kaegogi is not too pleased but did share without too much whining.

Until next time





No comments: