Wednesday, September 18, 2019

May 2019

Another month another rally.  Pony Club is a wonderful organization and is teaching Sophia a lot about riding and horsemanship. However it is keeping the entire family busy! Sophia took part in the Games Rally this month. You play games on horseback, like taking a cup from one pole and moving it to another, all while racing another team. Games teach balance and coordination. Getting a horse to go through obstacles and cooperate while you are trying to do these tasks is not easy, but it is fun. Sophia competed with Bonsai and he was great. He was excited and speedy but she handled him well. Her team took first place in her division at the games.



Sophia also completed the jumping portion to move up to D3 level. 

She enjoys spending time on Navajo. She trusts this horse so much that she can stand on the saddle and he will remain still. They share their trust of each other. It is a wonderful thing to witness.

We started off the month with our annual picture by the azaleas. This year she was smiling, laughing even. So glad I captured her personality on camera. She hates pictures so her charming nature is always absent. 


I personally got to spend a day, albeit a rainy one, at the Sheep and Wool Festival with friends. I have lots of new projects I need to do now. I should be busy for a while. 

I also attend the third session of the Etna Project. This is an incredible four-weekend long seminar for interpreters. It feeds my soul, both educationally and emotionally. I am so grateful that I can take part in this series. I also went to the same retreat center to help assist at a foundations seminar. It is so nice to get away every now and then.

No comments: