Sunday, September 11, 2022

June 2022

 This month had some great times and some not so great times. It all started with a trip to June to join Tracey at a scrapbooking retreat. It was SOOO much fun. The views of from the Sanibel Harbor Marriott were we stayed were beautiful. Tracey and I got a lot of scrapbooking in and enjoyed some great dinners and drinks. I then spent a few days with my brother because Tracey flew back to help Angie move to Maryland. I spent the days relaxing by the pool or doing even more scrapbooking. We had dinners and drinks out and enjoyed beautiful sunsets. It was such an incredible vacation. I needed this time away. 







The morning I was flying back George woke up not feeling well. We both immediately masked but it was a little too late. He tested positive for Covid that night. I got home and tested negative but overnight it hit me hard. Fever and aches. I knew I was positive about 2 AM. The fever lasted only about 24 hours but then I got a horrible sore throat. It felt like I had swallowed pieces of glass. I had zero energy sleeping 10-14 hours a day. I did manage to do some work remotely but it was hard. I quarantined the full time, as soon as I learned George tested positive. I missed a workshop that I had been really wanting to go to. So bummed.  NINE days later Steve and Sophia tested positive. They had been testing every few days and we thought we were in the clear. Sophia had no symptoms again (last time she tested positive after exposure in April of 2021 she had no symptoms too.) Steve had a bit of sinus congestion which lead to a sinus infection.

Sophia was able to ride in Ride For Life as she was nearing the end of her quarantine. She wore mask around others the first day. She was supposed to stay with a friend but we didn't want to risk her staying in the same room as them so I left my workshop early and spent the night there with her. This is one of her favorite shows. She rides while raising money for breast cancer research. She raised $1,210 and was the top junior fundraiser this year. She has been the top junior fundraiser every year. So proud of her. 

Sophia and her friend Gretchen did an exhibition ride to the Backyardigans. They did an awesome job. Sophia but the music together. They only practiced once because of Sophia getting Covid. It was a fun ride. I loved the costumes. They were so creative.






That about sums up our month. 




No comments: