Wednesday, October 30, 2019

September blog

Back to the grind. School started. I was already at work so I could not take the 1st day of school picture. Steve took one at the end of the day. I am amazed with how grown up Sophia is.


Sophia helped the barn out at the Pony Club Tet Rally. This means Sophia has been to every rally. She participated in Quiz, Dressage, Jump Rally and Nationals. She was the stable manager for Eventing and Tet. She is all in.


Steve and Sophia made a bucket list item come true for Leslie. Leslie applied for sponsorship from the Dream Foundation to visit see the Star Wars park at Disney. Sophia, Steve, Nick, Natalie and Emma joined Leslie. I didn't get many pictures but know they had an awesome time. The first day they went to Hollywood Studios to see Star Wars. Then the second day to Animal Kingdom. The third day Leslie was too tired to go to Harry Potter in Universal. Leslie rested that day while the others toured Universal. Leslie's favorite (and Sophia's too) was the making of the lightsaber. These are memories that are going to be held deep in heart.


The day before Steve left for Disney he noticed something on Mr. Twinkletoes belly. When I got home we examined it and realized it was a pretty large puncture wound. Steve took him into the emergency vet while I worked my night sight. Four staples and a cone of shame later they came home. Mr. Twinkletoes was not happy but learned to adjust to wearing the cone for 10 days.
 While Steve was away I caught up with friends and family. George, Tracey and Danielle were in town to see Angie's softball game. I took Stephanie who just started college out to the game. We all went out to celebrate Danielle's birthday. It was great being with them.

Our furry family members are looking forward to fall. I am already missing summer!




No comments: